Thursday, August 11, 2011

A good time, but not a good outing.

Last night, Morgan and I decided to fish a local small mouth stream. Actually, she asked if we could go fishing. She had to beg really. It was a long and tedious argument, but I finally gave in.
It had rained at the house last night, but I did not think that it had done any significant damage to the local streams. It seemed harmless enough. However, upon arriving we found the river to be a up a little and still quite stained. I am not a big stained water fan. It is just a personal preference. I like to see fish.
We were there and it was quite a drive to just turn around and go home, so we geared up and headed for the river. I put my rod together and grabbed my box of flies. I rigged up Morgans spinning rod and we set forth to find some smallies. I quickly hooked up and lost a fish while Morgan took pictures of the scenery. We moved upstream and crossed the river. The water was swift and I decided to give Morgan a ride on my back. Unbeknown  to me, I lost my fly box in the swift water while navagating my way accross the river casrrying two rods and a thirteen year old. I did not even realize it until I lost a fly later and reached for the box of flies-oops!
We managaed to have fun. I love her company. She seemed more upset than I was. I can tie more. We lost two fish and made a quick release of the third. Sorry, no pictures. Our evening ended early, but the ride home with her was fun and silly. I plan to fish today without losing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment