Saturday, October 8, 2011

Clear Creek 10/8

The weather has been absolutely amazing this week. The evening and mornings are staying nice and cool while the daytime highs have soared into the lower 80’s. The fall foliage is ready to explode any day now. It is just great time of the year to enjoy the outdoors.

Normally an October morning would have found me perched in a tree somewhere with my log bow in hand, but eighty degrees and standing corn are not conducive to finding many deer. Add to that a moon that is almost full and fishing becomes a no brainer.
This morning Morgan and I decided to go to Clear Creek to see if we could find any surviving browns. I love this place, but it suffers from warms temperatures in the summer and very few friends. There are too many people in the area that will keep a trout regardless of its size. I am always able to find a few, but there should be more in a place as pretty as this.
It was a wonderful ride through the country side as we gawked at so many beautifully changing trees. The park in not far from my house and the back roads that take me there are fun to drive. It is a pleasant ride regardless of the time of year, but with the changing colors and my favorite young lady, life does not get much better.
Morgan and I arrived at one of our favorite spots and walked up the road to get to a hidden run that always seems to have a fish or two. We rigged up and realized that the water was much cooler than it had been during our last visit. I was soon fishing and Morgan quickly traded her rod for her camera. She fished a little, but was way too distracted by the scenery. I soon found a fish and was very happy to see such an aggressive little guy. It was not a big fish, but it was a trout that I caught on a fly not twenty minutes from my home. In Ohio, that is a blessing.
We fished and filmed our way around the stream and failed to find another willing fish. We decided to make a stop at my favorite place in the park. This section of the park contains two of the prettiest holes in the park. We worked our way up through this beautiful place and found another willing fish. I was satisfied and soon found myself taking pictures as well.
I could not imagine a finer morning in October spent with a prettier young lady. Today was truly a blessing and one that I won’t soon forget.

1 comment:

  1. Can't agree enough; it's a perfect time to fish. That place looks amazing. Too bad it's not catch and release. Great post.

    ReplyDelete