Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bass, Bluegill, and My Favorite Fishin' Buddies!

My children are two of the most amazing people I know. They are wonderfully curious and amazingly patient when it comes to dealing with Dad. I am so lucky to have such good kids. I am even more fortunate that they love to fish.

They spent all of last week at church camp. Their cabin was right on the lake. Every morning started with them fishing for bass and bluegill. I would get daily reports and pictures as I spent my days at work miserable and jealous.Tonight would be different. Tonight we would share time on the water and make our own memories of bass, bluegill, and favorite fishing buddies!

I am very blessed to have wonderful friends that allow me the luxuries of using their property to fish and hunt. Dr. Timmons is an exceptional person and friend. He has been so good to my family and I am thankful for his friendship.
The kids have been asking to fish since arriving home from camp. We had a strong thunderstorm blow through and the air had cooled. It seemed like a good time to get out of the house and enjoy a little pond fishing on the fly.

This pond is not very big, but it is full of fish. It is one of those can't miss spots that always produces both fun and fish. Tonight would be no different. The kids and I arrived on his elevated dock and immediately rigged up for some aggressive fish. Matthew was the first on the board with a very healthy bass that put up quite a fight. I was very proud at the way he handled that fish.
Morgan would be next with a few bluegill on the fly rod. She then switched over to spinning gear and found a few bass for herself.
With both the kids catching fish, it was Dad's turn to join in the fun. I threw on a big popper and began to cast along the weed edges. The bite was fast and furious and I was soon holding a few stout bass of my own.
We tried to use the camera to capture some video of the bass exploding on the popper, but we failed to capture some of the better bites. The evening was beautiful with the kids both seeming to really enjoy themselves. I was just happy to be there with them, my favorite fishin' buddies, while they were catching bass and bluegill.
Morgan Loves to take pictures of the trees and flowers along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment